Best drop in bedliner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't mean to thread jack but this is atleast relevant, but what if one were to do a roll on bed liner on just the rails? My bed liner is still at a good 90% of what it was new, but the paint on my rails are bad. Don't want to replace the whole thing and maybe save some money?

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I don't mean to thread jack but this is atleast relevant, but what if one were to do a roll on bed liner on just the rails? My bed liner is still at a good 90% of what it was new, but the paint on my rails are bad. Don't want to replace the whole thing and maybe save some money?

Why wouldn't you just roll the whole bed then? Because as Sewlow said, even if they aren't rubbing holes in your paint, they aren't very adhesive.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you just roll the whole bed then? Because as Sewlow said, even if they aren't rubbing holes in your paint, they aren't very adhesive.
Well when they repainted my truck 2 1/2 years ago they left the bedliner in so its all stock yellow-white paint but it's in great shape. The guy that painted it as compensation for the bad bed rails said we could fix it for free one weekend soon. I'm really just worried about having to match that whole part of the bed with the rest of the new (2 year old) paint. Bed lined rails just seem like a safe simple fix. Thinking right below the lowest chip and the whole inside edge of the rail there.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
You would still want the steel cleaned and primed, but otherwise I don't see what that wouldn't work.