bench to bucket conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhuffmanintn

Reaction score
I have a 1991 1500 short bed/cab with a bench seat and would like to put in buckets. will '94 GMC Jimmy buckets fit in a '91 1500? Found decent ones at a junk yard I could get and get upholstered but need to know if they will fit.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If the seats are coming out of a full size Jimmy, then yes they will fit. Need to drill 4 holes on either side of the tranny tunnel for the inner tracks to bolt through. Back 'em up on the inderside with some big washers, just so the bolts don't pull outa the floor. Sometimes the rear inner upright on the driver's side has to be modded some. Cut down & rewelded.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Those seats are pretty small, & will look really small in a GMT400. Sorry, I don't have any exp. putting that kinda seat in these trucks. Not saying that they won't work though. Personally, I would keep my eyes open for a set out of a Suburban or extended cab. They may cost a bit more, but the install would be a whole lot easier to do. There's lots of 'em out there.

shorthorn79

Reaction score
hey partner im think about going from buckets to a bench. pm if your intertested i have a 97 sierra half ton. it should work.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I did this. I found it easier to drill holes in the inside rail of the driver seat to match the original holes rather than drill new holes in the floor. On the passenger side it is a must though.