Bench Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I found a bench seat from a quad cab in great condition with an armrest. Will this mount correctly will I be able to bolt up the seat adjuster to this seat like the current bench seat I have? All help is appreciated. It’s 1.5 hrs from me so I want to make sure it works.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I found a bench seat from a quad cab in great condition with an armrest. Will this mount correctly will I be able to bolt up the seat adjuster to this seat like the current bench seat I have? All help is appreciated. It’s 1.5 hrs from me so I want to make sure it works.
GMT400 Crew Cab? Into another 400, a direct swap.
Any other year, make or model is a different can o'worms.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry Mikey, I had too. Glad to see you got a sense of humor. Wish I could answer your question. I’ve never heard of that being done. Part of me feels like you wouldn’t feel right in it, like the whole geometry would be off. But IDK!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Sorry Mikey, I had too. Glad to see you got a sense of humor. Wish I could answer your question. I’ve never heard of that being done. Part of me feels like you wouldn’t feel right in it, like the whole geometry would be off. But IDK!
The front seat in my '97 crew cab is a split 60/40 bench. Has the manual adjustment lever in the front. The rear seat is all one piece, but the left and right sides of the back fold forward a little bit so you can get to the storage area behind the seat. It has a lever adjustment on each side, so you have to be careful moving it so it doesn't get cockeyed. But you'd have the same issue with a one piece front seat....

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Apologies. Bit of a brain fart.
The only crew cab rear seats with a fold-down armrest I know of, after more than 20 years of messing with these trucks, are these...

You must be registered for see images attach

If this is style you have, all I can say is...
You dawg! I want it!
YES! It will absolutely work.
In fact, there are a couple of members here, (One has a red truck) that have that exact seat in their RCSB's, from the factory.
I've been keeping my eyes open for one since I found out how rare-ish they are, years ago, after I passed up on two different ones a couple of years apart.
One leather. One cloth.
For $100.00 each.
...and they were perfect. Arrrghhh!
But Canada. We don't have the part selection in the P-n-P's you guys south of the 49th have, seeing as the country's whole population is the equivalent of California's. Comparatively, there wasn't a whole lot of these trucks here to begin with, let alone crew cabs.

There are a couple of things that make them different when used as a front seat.
The rears have no tracks.
Yes, your's will bolt on.
The risers may be different heights. I've never measured them. Best guess is that the front risers will be the right height.
Grab the rear risers if possible. If those rear risers fit the contour of the front floor pan & they actually are taller/shorter, you'll have the option of heights as you prefer.
The risers in this pic certainly do look shorter than the front ones.

I do believe that the individual backrests do recline, although that may be restricted internally due to the proximity of the rear cab wall. They may not lay back as far as when they are used as a front seat.

Some come with a lumbar option. 2 wire install.