Belt tensioner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran into the idler pulley/ bolt unavailability here a few years ago on my 1994 5.7 big Blazer. What a PITA. I jury rigged something, but I was in total disbelief that they weren't selling the bolts

Yeah there idiots at the parts store though. I would of rigged 2 washers and a bolt and slide it through to get me home but apparently they dont sell "bolts" even though I see them on the spinner thingy lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yeah there idiots at the parts store though. I would of rigged 2 washers and a bolt and slide it through to get me home but apparently they dont sell "bolts" even though I see them on the spinner thingy lol
The biggest problem there ( other than the dweebs at the parts house that have no idea how old chevys are put together) is there's probably not a catalog or computer listing that tells them what size bolt it is. Whereas if you go to the dealer and ask the parts people there, they can look it up on their computer. Most modern parts store people don't know how to find stuff if they can't do it on the computer.....
Also with metric fasteners (which this bolt is) you have to match the thread pitch as well as the size and length.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The biggest problem there ( other than the dweebs at the parts house that have no idea how old chevys are put together) is there's probably not a catalog or computer listing that tells them what size bolt it is. Whereas if you go to the dealer and ask the parts people there, they can look it up on their computer. Most modern parts store people don't know how to find stuff if they can't do it on the computer.....
Also with metric fasteners (which this bolt is) you have to match the thread pitch as well as the size and length.

Yeah that's true. Maybe one day gm will let them access there system lol