Bellhousing bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably a stupid question and worthy of the stupid questions thread, but I am fixing to make the hour drive to my nearest big box hardware retailer to grab 4 bolts and 12 washers so I can put my 4.3 rebuilder motor on the stand. I don’t have the old motor out yet so I can’t just grab a bolt and go. Anyone know the stock size? Obligatory photo of motor being rebuilt hanging from cherry picker.

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Photo didn’t load

You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...and the length depends on the engine stand support "standoffs" attached to the arms of the engine stand.

In general, I use 5"--6" bolts, and add washers or spacers (Two or three 1/2" nuts on each standoff--8 or 12 total--works pretty well. Also, you could use 1/2" iron pipe segments cut to length.) as needed to have decent access to the flywheel area. The standoffs welded to the arms of the engine stand are always at least an inch too short.

The worst part of this crappy engine stand was having to smoke 'n' grind some extra slot length, so the engine could be installed lower on the mounting flange. If the cam tunnel is approximately the same height as the flange pivot pipe, the engine will be reasonably well-balanced on the stand. 'Course, teaching the Communists the finer part of engine-stand building is not in my job description. I opened up all four slots as far as the too-damn-small flange allowed.

Last edited:

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The worst part of this crappy engine stand was having to smoke 'n' grind some extra slot length, so the engine could be installed lower on the mounting flange. If the cam tunnel is approximately the same height as the flange pivot pipe, the engine will be reasonably well-balanced on the stand. 'Course, teaching the Communists the finer part of engine-stand building is not in my job description. I opened up all four slots as far as the too-damn-small flange allowed.

lol.......well said......