Bedlining Bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, when I got my truck, the bumpers were painted black, and I like the way that looks a lot better than the chrome. As it tends to do, the painted chrome is peeling, and I would like to recoat them with bedliner. I want to know what you guys use to bed line your bumpers, grilles, and other parts, as I tend to do my grille and flares, as well.

I know there's herculiner, which has plenty of good reviews on Amazon, but I also know that it's not favored. If it comes to that, I'll do it, but I just wanted to see what else is out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Have the bumpers sand blasted and prep the flares with some 180 grit. Take them somewhere that does LineX. By far the best on the market, IMO.

mike550

Reaction score
Hey guys, when I got my truck, the bumpers were painted black, and I like the way that looks a lot better than the chrome. As it tends to do, the painted chrome is peeling, and I would like to recoat them with bedliner. I want to know what you guys use to bed line your bumpers, grilles, and other parts, as I tend to do my grille and flares, as well.

I know there's herculiner, which has plenty of good reviews on Amazon, but I also know that it's not favored. If it comes to that, I'll do it, but I just wanted to see what else is out there

I did my grill, and bumpers with duplicolor spray on liner, NOT the rubberized garbage. If you do a ton of coats, and prep well. Its the best bang for the buck.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have the bumpers sand blasted and prep the flares with some 180 grit. Take them somewhere that does LineX. By far the best on the market, IMO.

I would love to do LineX, but this is something I'd like to do in a day or so at my cousin's, so I can use his sand blaster, and not have to drive around without bumpers. I know I'll be sacrificing quality, but the few hundred I'll save from that will be put into maintenance to keep the truck running, so that maybe I can have the bed liner applied the best way (LineX) down the line. I thank you for your input

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did my grill, and bumpers with duplicolor spray on liner, NOT the rubberized garbage. If you do a ton of coats, and prep well. Its the best bang for the buck.

Do you recall how many cans you went through? What did your prep include? My cousin has a sandblasting that he's going to let me use, would that be enough, or do I need to go further than just that?

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I've done a couple of brush guards with the dupli-color bed armor. Holds up pretty well and is easily touched up. Just spray over the nick or scratch. I used two cans to do a ranch hand gaurd that was blasted. Just sprayed on the bare metal. Been there a while and still looks good.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking into the duplicolor stuff now. What's the problem with the rubberized version? And how coats are you guys doing?

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I'm looking into the duplicolor stuff now. What's the problem with the rubberized version? And how coats are you guys doing?

The rubberized stuff is real soft and easily damaged! Good for under wheel wells but that's about it! I did 2 coats then came back a third time and made the texture like I wanted it in places that looked "bare".

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The rubberized stuff is real soft and easily damaged! Good for under wheel wells but that's about it! I did 2 coats then came back a third time and made the texture like I wanted it in places that looked "bare".

And that was with the rubberized version?