Bed out of line, mounts or bent frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liroku

Reaction score
I have the same issue and I know for sure the mounts are not rotten. Recently I have sandblasted the frame and used new body mounts, still the alignement of the bed and cab is about 1/2" off.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yours is different than mine, the way mine does it it looks like the cab is level, but the top of the bed is at at an acute angle with the back of the cab. Like the ass is higher than the front, then the cab levels. So it's an inch wider gap at the bottom than at the top. I will have to take a pic when I get a chance. Looks like something heavy was put on top of the truck and bent it down.

*EDIT* Added Photo, Notice how the gap is smaller at the top of the bed, than at the bottom? It's even more noticeable from further back when you see the truck as a whole.

Attachments

• 20150821_110637.jpg
    20150821_110637.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
97 extended cab. Anyone of y’all solved yalls issues because I been fighting this one and have no clue what to do!

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I've shimmed before to get things lined up. Its not the 'right' thing to do but it works quickly and cheaply.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I've shimmed before to get things lined up. Its not the 'right' thing to do but it works quickly and cheaply.

Trucks come from the factory with shims on occasion. The cab mounts do not always get welded on at the perfect height. Robots don't care.:D

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pull up the carpet in the cab over the rear mounts. My son had a '99 crew that had alignment problems. From the underside everything looked great. Under the carpet the cab metal was split/torn and caused the alignment issues. We jacked up the cab and welded a few support pieces in and everything lined up like it was suppose to.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replace the rubber mounts and buy a box of body shims.
Measured and that passenger rear mount is almost an inch smaller than the driver side rear. I got it shimmer but I want to replace that whole mount just to be safe. Got torque specs and where I can get a single mount?

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the same issue and I know for sure the mounts are not rotten. Recently I have sandblasted the frame and used new body mounts, still the alignement of the bed and cab is about 1/2" off.

Hey man did you ever fix this?