Bed does not line up with cab.... :shrug:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gerardobernal1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on my 96 rcsb the top and bottom body lines on the passenger side dont match up to well, the bed is bolted on good and it is an Arizona truck with no rust. i checked the cab mounts and they seem fine but i dont think they have ever been replaced? anyone ever had this problem? anything else i should check? if i cant figure it out ill just replace them. any help is appreciated!

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Try new cab mounts first, if that's not it you may need to put some shims to level out your bed. Also, worst case scenario, your frame could've been tweaked if you lowered it and it wasnt supported right when you did your notch

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
I agree with above.^^^ The cab mounts wear unevenly due to the additional weight of the cab. They usually look OK but if you measure them I think u will find the difference in cab to bed. Shimming the cab would be a cheaper alt to new mounts, depending on yer funds.

NOLA_SoLo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was just about to post asking something similar, every time i look in my drivers side view mirror and i look down the body line the bed is higher, and it so much more noticeable with the big purple stripe not matching from cab to bed, i now know what to look for

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
i heard they dont work for single cabs?

Ooops, I didn't realize you had said RCSB in your original post. Sorry about that.

You'll just have to replace with a stock mount, or shim it like the previous few posts suggested.

gerardobernal1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ill just replace them all.. anyone have any suggestions on wich to buy? quality, price?

gerardobernal1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i never knew it was all that for cab mounts, i thought it was just a bolt that went through the mount itself and you tightened it..