Bed bounce

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
ok cool make sure to select the right shock size then for the front....im not sure but I think the stock rear shocks are ok with a 1" block.....but like I said im not sure.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok cool make sure to select the right shock size then for the front....im not sure but I think the stock rear shocks are ok with a 1" block.....but like I said im not sure.

Ya stock for the front and the way it's advertised for the rear it's ok with a 1" lift but I'm not to sure about that cause it looks fully extended... But the 5100 say there good with a 3" lift and I want to put bigger blocks in the back cause I'm tired of this Cali lean

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are also isolator pads under a few of the beds cross supports. It can make it sound as the bed is bouncing if they are not there. Mine are gone (never put them on when i put the bed on) and making a terrible racket...... lol.

Sent from what use to be a great country.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I have a 2" lift, can I use a shock for a 3" lift? Just not vise-versa?

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
good question! Im not really sure about that one, but I would guess that you can NOT use a 3" lift shock on a 2"lift because if you flex it out the piston in the shock might hit the end of the shock tube and limit your flex. I don't even know if that makes sense haha

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
good question! Im not really sure about that one, but I would guess that you can NOT use a 3" lift shock on a 2"lift because if you flex it out the piston in the shock might hit the end of the shock tube and limit your flex. I don't even know if that makes sense haha

I understand. I can't find blsteins for a 2wd w/ 2" lift. Could I use ones for a stock height 4x4 on my 2wd?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I mean, do they mount the same front and rear between 2/4wd?

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I think the front shocks on a 2wd mount differently than a 4x4 because you have springs up front and I have torsion bars. As for the rear it should be the same. I just searched a little online and could not find a 5100 series front shock for a 2wd. but did find a 4600 series for the front.