Bed bounce

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I think the front shocks on a 2wd mount differently than a 4x4 because you have springs up front and I have torsion bars. As for the rear it should be the same. I just searched a little online and could not find a 5100 series front shock for a 2wd. but did find a 4600 series for the front.

I know the hd's are too stiff for dd'ing. Should I run the same shock all the way around or could I run 5100 in back and 4600 in front? Is there much of a difference between them?

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I know the hd's are too stiff for dd'ing. Should I run the same shock all the way around or could I run 5100 in back and 4600 in front? Is there much of a difference between them?

The front of your truck uses struts so that's probably why they don't have a 5100. you can run 5100s in rear It doesn't really matter....especially for our trucks. It does matter on a race car. I replaced my fronts 1st and it was a nice improvement then did the rears 10,000 miles later...I have had them now for 40,000 miles up front with no issues. Just make sure you get boots with them.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
The front of your truck uses struts so that's probably why they don't have a 5100. you can run 5100s in rear It doesn't really matter....especially for our trucks. It does matter on a race car. I replaced my fronts 1st and it was a nice improvement then did the rears 10,000 miles later...I have had them now for 40,000 miles up front with no issues. Just make sure you get boots with them.

I run no boots up front because we could not get them on to save our lives :nono:

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
I run 5100's front and back on my 2wd. I have the rough country 4" inch spindles front and 3" blocks in the rear. It's really a nice ride I think. I will have to look up the part numbers for you but mine seems to be fine and I've even taken it out to the desert and done some mild offloading to see how it would handle. Not like dunes or anything but just on my uncles property in the middle of nowhere desert LoL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
so you have 5100's for 2wd? I thought SkyHigh said they didn't have any for 2wd?

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
so you have 5100's for 2wd? I thought SkyHigh said they didn't have any for 2wd?

Yes I have 5100's for 2wd. I remember I had to research a ton to find the part numbers. I ended up getting them from Bilstein themselves androgen ordered them from mudflaps.com since they were the cheapest I could find. They were like $75 a piece delivered. I ordered all 4 at once so I could install them when I did the lift. I'm looking up the part numbers now for you.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Yes I have 5100's for 2wd. I remember I had to research a ton to find the part numbers. I ended up getting them from Bilstein themselves androgen ordered them from mudflaps.com since they were the cheapest I could find. They were like $75 a piece delivered. I ordered all 4 at once so I could install them when I did the lift. I'm looking up the part numbers now for you.

Now do they work for a 2" lift, because I can't use stock length like you.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Now do they work for a 2" lift, because I can't use stock length like you.

Well to be honest they say 3-6" inches of lift if I remember right LoL! But got them anyways and they seem perfectly fine to me. Since they weren't expensive it's not a big deal if they get messed up I can always get different ones LoL! They are super easy to install too as I'm sure you are already aware LoL!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Well to be honest they say 3-6" inches of lift if I remember right LoL! But got them anyways and they seem perfectly fine to me. Since they weren't expensive it's not a big deal if they get messed up I can always get different ones LoL! They are super easy to install too as I'm sure you are already aware LoL!

so you use #"-6" lift shocks on the front and no, my front shocks were a pain in the ****'n ass to install :nono: My truck was so low to the ground that I was hitting the concrete and couldn't get it int he spring...

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
so you use #"-6" lift shocks on the front and no, my front shocks were a pain in the ****'n ass to install :nono: My truck was so low to the ground that I was hitting the concrete and couldn't get it int he spring...

Oh LoL! I had mine up in the air when I installed the shocks in my drive way so it was really easy.
The part numbers of the ones I have are
Rear - Bilstein 24-067379 5100 Series Shock
And Front - Bilstein 24-062107 5100 Series Shock. The description says "Vehicles with front 3"- 6" upper a-arm lift" but I have essentially stock size since I used the spindle and they work great for me.