Battlebots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't know where to post a thread about this so I figure this was as good a place as any.
Any of y'all get into Battlebots!
I personally hate robots for the fact they've put way to many people out of work. My current profession is clockmaker and the German tallcase movements are all built by automated assembly and the quality has tanked because of it. Biggest problem is pivot holes too large and sometimes in the wrong place and the oil robot squirts WAY to much oil on them.
Don't get me wrong,there are good uses and in some cases necessary uses because they can go places and do hazardous tasks where people can't go or do. EOD is a prime example.

I do love watching them put two in an arena and watching the bots beat each other to pieces.
I even have a design for a tracked bot with a BFH. Don't know if it will ever happen but I think it would be a friggin' blast.
The new season premiers tonight!

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watch them on TV with my 8 year old grandson and he gets so excited he is jumping all over the couch. We each pick a winner before the battle begins and he has really learned a heap about mechanics and physics by watching how the different designs have their own pros and cons. Thoroughly entertaining.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Several years ago, they had the British version,"Robot Wars" on our PBS station on the weekend. Great fun to watch, and the creativity is off the charts! One of the memorable moments, was this one team from Northern Ireland, explaining the process of getting through the airport/customs/security with a wicked looking robot, coming from Belfast....

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Several years ago, they had the British version,"Robot Wars" on our PBS station on the weekend. Great fun to watch, and the creativity is off the charts! One of the memorable moments, was this one team from Northern Ireland, explaining the process of getting through the airport/customs/security with a wicked looking robot, coming from Belfast....
Wasn't that the one where the robots were big humanoid things run by two people? Kinda like that Hugh Jackman flic. Uh, Real Steel or something like that.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Wasn't that the one where the robots were big humanoid things run by two people? Kinda like that Hugh Jackman flic. Uh, Real Steel or something like that.
No,these were smaller ones. I think the show was originally Robot Wars, and then it got Americanized into BattleBots. The guy from Red Dwarf (I forget his name) was the host. I remember the contestants saying they used wheelchair motors and stuff like that to build the 'bots. This was probably 15 years ago.... imagine what they can make now!