Battery problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
F it.... I dug that question up... it was actually the transfer case breather line.

this is from Dec 2014 and I was replacing the transmission in my 97 K1500 Burb and was hung up on the Tcase fill plug. I couldnt get it out for the life of me!

we were also experiencing the last major polar vortex with -30°C for like 3 weeks.... it was funking cold and the tcase fill bolt just wouldnt come loose!

I had it on a work bench for 2 weeks trying to get it out! that was the toughest thing I have ever had to overcome on one of these trucks.... an Antique Easy Out that someone made eventually was what opened it up but I had to grind the tip of the easy out off. that was such a hard thing for me to do as I really didnt want to destroy the easy out.... but I did it out of necessity and in the end it worked!

the lesson was make sure your fill hole comes out before you open the drain.... now I was replacing a transmission and had it out but if your only changing fluid... make sure your fill bolt comes out first! $35 CAD dealership only item. for one of those drain plugs!

Here it is.... Quote from myself off of GMTC...

"hey this line is not being hooked up to a cooler right now but will be eventually... its leaking and I cant seem to stop it with the dumb plastic cap it comes with. is this line under pressure and can i use a bolt and clamp to seal it up? im hooking everything up today and and need this takin care of immidiatly as I need to bolt it down to the housing in a few minutes...
thanks very much guys"

Funk man I was even sober at this time in my life.... the last transmission I R&R'd prior, I was heavy into the beers....

So I have no excuses.... LAMO

Last edited: