battery cold cranking amps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluedxj

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive got two batteries and i need to sell one rather then let it die in the garage. the battery that came in my truck was made in 2011 it has 785 ca's and 630 cca's. the other battery i have was made in 2009 and it has 875 ca's and 700 cca's. it gets pretty cold where i live so is 630 cca's enough for the 5.7? or should i keep the older battery with more cca's? i havent owned the truck very long so i dont know how the current battery does below freezing temps.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
Mine is 750 cca, but I am pretty sure you could get away with a bit less. Personally I would probably take the newer battery. But it depends, if they are both old fashioned lead acid batteries, how many times have they been drained?

bluedxj

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya neither one is a sealed battery. when i got the truck the battery was dead i charged it and now it works fine. the other older battery has never been drained.