Basket case ‘94 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things I could have done a lot worse. I knew going into it that it might need an engine or at the very least some engine work. I knew I’d have the roller-cam 350 from my ‘92 as a replacement so I didn’t feel terrible about it dying on the way home. Once it’s up and running I’m going to tear down the 350 it came with and see what it looks like.

@Orpedcrow you definitely need one.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I picked bought a headliner panel off of FB. I now have everything in duplicate for the interior on this truck, minus a drivers door panel.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snagged a nice used set of W/T center caps today off of eBay. They will help with the W/T conversion on this. Here is what I have in mind:
You must be registered for see images attach

Obviously mine won’t be as straight, but that’s not the goal. Shame mine doesn’t have clearance lights. Doubt I’ll ever add them. Picture of the center caps:

67_C-30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Snagged a nice used set of W/T center caps today off of eBay. They will help with the W/T conversion on this. Here is what I have in mind:

Obviously mine won’t be as straight, but that’s not the goal. Shame mine doesn’t have clearance lights. Doubt I’ll ever add them. Picture of the center caps:
I love the black caps on these trucks. Even though they came on standard trim levels, they pop more than the plastic chrome ones do to me.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t resist picking this up today off of eBay. I will be using this and modifying the stock unit to work with Bluetooth. The more I am around these trucks the more I appreciate a stock or OEM+ interior. I have a gmt400 parts hoarding problem.

67_C-30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couldn’t resist picking this up today off of eBay. I will be using this and modifying the stock unit to work with Bluetooth. The more I am around these trucks the more I appreciate a stock or OEM+ interior. I have a gmt400 parts hoarding problem.
I’d love to have my factory stereo converted to Bluetooth. Bluetooth is the only thing I miss when driving my K2500 vs driving my 2015 Silverado!

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d love to have my factory stereo converted to Bluetooth. Bluetooth is the only thing I miss when driving my K2500 vs driving my 2015 Silverado!
I hear you! I miss having it as well. Looking at these images on my laptop it appears a bit dirtier than I thought on my phone. I'm looking forward to cleaning it all up. I've got different buttons that are in good shape that I could easily swap over.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally getting a chance to put together my parts list for this truck. So far, so good. This should be a bit cheaper than my ‘95 since I’m not opening the engine up. Though I am going to get an aluminum radiator.

I fired up the donor vehicle today and she started right away. I will miss driving the ‘92.