Basket case ‘94 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today I priced a set of 245/75/R16 Goodyear Duratracs for this truck. $1,574-$200 rebate for a total of $1,364. That includes mounting/balancing. About what I expected though. I had a set previously and liked them. Any other suggestions?
Not sure if the Tire Rack route can save a few bucks sometimes. They even deliver to the shop if you want. Just the installation and some other fees aren't included but I think the tires come with a warranty as well. I used them not too long ago and it was great. Only because they had the tires I wanted in stock. They were here in a couple of days and I think I did end up saving a little but can't recall. Discount Tire I guess owns Tire Rack or something from what the guy at counter told me.
Not sure if you're quoting tax...

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the Tire Rack route can save a few bucks sometimes. They even deliver to the shop if you want. Just the installation and some other fees aren't included but I think the tires come with a warranty as well. I used them not too long ago and it was great. Only because they had the tires I wanted in stock. They were here in a couple of days and I think I did end up saving a little but can't recall. Discount Tire I guess owns Tire Rack or something from what the guy at counter told me.
Not sure if you're quoting tax...
My quote was with tax. I priced a set on tire rack and it wasn’t bad. I think by the time I get them mounted/balanced it would be about the same. I probably don’t need a set of Duratracs, but I want at least an AT for the colder months and for when I start to truck camp.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Been very happy with my BFG KO2s on both trucks if you're looking for other options.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been very happy with my BFG KO2s on both trucks if you're looking for other options.
When I was shopping around for my LML there were a lot of people with KO2s that wore out prematurely. I understand now they have a tire meant for the higher GVWR trucks. I do like the look of them. How is the noise level?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How is the noise level?

I've never had any other A/Ts to compare them to so I might not be the best person to ask for an opinion on this, but I was honestly very surprised at how quiet they are for how aggressive the tread is. I really don't hear them at all with the windows up on the highway.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scored a set of 88-91 60/40 seats tonight. Frames are rusty so I will grab a set from the yard and replace them. Rusty enough to where they would probably break very easily and are scaled in a bad way. No tears, just dirty. Looking forward to using these.

You must be registered for see images attach

67_C-30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Scored a set of 88-91 60/40 seats tonight. Frames are rusty so I will grab a set from the yard and replace them. Rusty enough to where they would probably break very easily and are scaled in a bad way. No tears, just dirty. Looking forward to using these.
I swear these old red seats have to be the toughest truck seats ever made. The ones in my ‘91 K1500 are nearly perfect, I recently scored a 60/40 bench myself that is nearly perfect, and you found a great set as well!

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swear these old red seats have to be the toughest truck seats ever made. The ones in my ‘91 K1500 are nearly perfect, I recently scored a 60/40 bench myself that is nearly perfect, and you found a great set as well!
I’m jealous of the interior on your K1500. That is truly perfect in my opinion. I really wanted a set with headrests like your set, but I knew this deal wouldn’t come around too often. Eventually I do want buckets and a console in this truck.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was shopping around for my LML there were a lot of people with KO2s that wore out prematurely. I understand now they have a tire meant for the higher GVWR trucks. I do like the look of them. How is the noise level?
I’ve heard Duratracs are loud too. I’ve got about 17k on these Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrain AT’s. Love them, E-rated, ZERO noise and wearing great.

Attachments

• IMG_4986.jpeg
    IMG_4986.jpeg
    445.9 KB · Views: 13

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard Duratracs are loud too. I’ve got about 17k on these Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrain AT’s. Love them, E-rated, ZERO noise and wearing great.
I’ll have to look into those. They are a pretty good looking tire, too! My Duratracs weren’t too bad noise wise I thought, but they did cup pretty noticeably if you weren’t religious about rotating them.

I’ll call the dealer on Monday and see what they can do for them. I also need to call another local tire shop that my dad’s been going to and see their prices.