Basket case ‘94 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they did cup pretty noticeably if you weren’t religious about rotating them
Which I do every 3k along with oil change. Also, they were mounted after new front end installed, so that helps to prevent wear. I only say that about the Duratracs from what I’ve read and feedback from brother-in-law.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll have to look into those. They are a pretty good looking tire, too! My Duratracs weren’t too bad noise wise I thought, but they did cup pretty noticeably if you weren’t religious about rotating them.

I’ll call the dealer on Monday and see what they can do for them. I also need to call another local tire shop that my dad’s been going to and see their prices.
I put a set of Cooper Discoveries on my truck just after I got it. They gave me 60,000 miles of good, quiet motoring but they also cupped really badly and had to be rotated frequently. As it was only the outside edge of the lefthand tire, keeping in mind we drive on the left side of the road, I put the cupping down to the fact that due to road camber I was always turning slightly right to compensate and that would have put an extra load on the outside edge of that tire.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which I do every 3k along with oil change. Also, they were mounted after new front end installed, so that helps to prevent wear. I only say that about the Duratracs from what I’ve read and feedback from brother-in-law.
Next year I plan on doing the front end work. When I drove it home it felt pretty tight still surprisingly.

Every 3K is very religious. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of life out of them.

The current tires on it are Firestones but they are weather-checked pretty bad. 7 years old but the tread is really good. It’s a shame someone didn’t get some use out of them.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put a set of Cooper Discoveries on my truck just after I got it. They gave me 60,000 miles of good, quiet motoring but they also cupped really badly and had to be rotated frequently. As it was only the outside edge of the lefthand tire, keeping in mind we drive on the left side of the road, I put the cupping down to the fact that due to road camber I was always turning slightly right to compensate and that would have put an extra load on the outside edge of that tire.
I’ve heard good things about the discoveries. And 60K is great. That makes sense with respect to the wear. I’ve never thought to check right hand for more wear over here. My ‘92 wears real evenly - at least without looking closer.

I guess asking “which tires should I buy” is pretty similar to the age old question of “which oil is best oil.” :33:

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard good things about the discoveries. And 60K is great. That makes sense with respect to the wear. I’ve never thought to check right hand for more wear over here. My ‘92 wears real evenly - at least without looking closer.

I guess asking “which tires should I buy” is pretty similar to the age old question of “which oil is best oil.” :33:
It could have something to do with the amount of camber we have on our roads. In the cities it is minimal but on the open roads, where I do most of my driving, it is really noticable. My wheel allignment guy actually set a little more toe in on the left wheel to compensate, otherwise I would be constantly correcting for it, hence the extra wear. Even at 60,000 miles the Cooper tires still had a lot more miles in them.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Local shop got back to me. $1,215 out the door for Duratracs. They couldn’t get the Ultraterrains for some reason. I’m going to stop by when it’s time to order and discuss it with them in person. There may have been a misunderstanding on the phone - either me or them.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_5025.jpeg
    IMG_5025.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 2