Ball Joints?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well guys its getting dangerously close to lifting time for my ECSB, I think I am going to replace the ball joints while we have it apart. What brands do you guys like to use? I was thinking of going with Raybestos. Remember that my truck isn't a DD and might see at most 3-4k miles a year, mainly from November through February.

Are there any other parts I should replace while we have it apart? I just did the tie-rod ends, and the driver's hub is brand new.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tie rod ends, idler arm, ball joints, maybe pitman arm and adjuster sleeves as well. Check out the center link, it's all metal but maybe it's worn out on the holes or something.

I bought auto extra for mine, or chassis rite, same as my old man has on his from rockauto. They are the cheapest ones but we don't put on alot of miles either. You want anything better get moog. Or maybe just any with a lifetime warranty. I'd check rockauto comapred to loca, may be cheaper even when you do pay shipping from them but use their discount code it helps. I got 4 balljoints, 4 tie rods, idler arm and adjuster sleeves for under a hundred shipped.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Moog, even though you may pay a little more for them the time saved in not doing them every year is worth it. Plus they are lifetime waranty too!

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
moog is also the most expensive you can get lol. It works, but local stores or some other lifetime warranty should work too.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
moog is the best, so they say. get the part number u need then look em up on amazon...amazon is the shiot. I got my ball joints at autozone cus if they break or even if the boot breaks I can return....lifetime warranty. AND...I dont have to order them and wait a week cus its right down the street. Your steering linkage I wouldnt skimp on

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
rockauto is cheaper then amazon most of the time though, even when you add in paying shipping.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I get free 2-day shipping on most everything from Amazon and I always compare before I buy, not once has RockAuto been cheaper for me, and that's with the 5% code.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they were for me, my ball joints were like $10 a piece from RA and were $15 and up from amazon.