Ball Joints?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your TRE are new then I would also atleast do the idler and pitman arms. If you really want to get into things then all new control arm bushings will be a plus too.
I tried the cheaper parts, cant remember the brand name but had a 5 year warrenty, they were junk only lasted months. Switched to MOOG balljoints and now get years out of the parts. Just this fall I did my TRE's with Raybestos parts, lifetime warrenty, seemed good qauilty but cant comment how long they will last yet.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Over the weekend I started tackling the front-end on mine. I recommend a Pickle fork. After I got that Castle nut off- it was a breeze to pop them out!

Reaction score
from what i have read, moogs quality has gone down and i went with raybestos proffesional grade

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Go to the local parts store and rent their ball joint press and the 4wd ball joint adapter set. Makes it tons easier. It's about $150 to rent, but you get it all back.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if yours are press in then yes definately rent it. we had old mans out and back in, in like 10 minutes if that.

mine bolt in luckily.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Being a 92 they should bolt in. Besides normal tools you will need a 36mm socket for the axle nut and of course a pickle fork. Some 45 or 90 degree grease nipple will be nice, if the new ones dont come with them, find it hard to get at the fitting with it being a straight nipple.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my new ball joints are made for the fitting to come out the side, meaning towards the front or rear etc. instead of down, so maybe his are/will be as well.