baja, prerunner, 4wd, long travel suspension kits.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
youd have to fab yourself new arms, knuckles you might be able to keep if you design it right, as for cvs theyd be uber expensive as i already tested that out on a stock truck, utilizing driveshaft type front axle shafts instead of cvs. took a beating very well but limited travel as the diameter of the tube i used.

Van Gui1d3r #838

Free Thinker
Reaction score
so ultimately i should part with my 4x4 and find an identical 2wd? does anyone know what itll cost to get this kinda suspension installed in a truck?

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
so ultimately i should part with my 4x4 and find an identical 2wd? does anyone know what itll cost to get this kinda suspension installed in a truck?

A price tag would be pretty hard to guesstimate.. Start with... A lot :)
It would be easier and most likely cheaper to do with a 2WD base starting point. A lot more support for the 2WD as you have found out :)

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Cost would depend on how much of a prerunner you want, if your just going control arms and shocks you may be able to get all the parts for under $1500, if you want a full blown prerunner your lookin at atleast 15k

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
You're probably not going to like this, but; if you want to really build a pre runner with any serious intent then ditch the gmt400 series all together.

Much better starting points out there and it's ford or an import.

If you just want the pre runner "look" then buy some fenders, bumpers, a spare carrier and a lift kit for your existing truck.

Better yet; throw a hitch on the back of your truck, buy a trailer and build/buy a proper dune runner like a buggy with 2 feet of wheel travel.

That'll snap yer hair back!

:)

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
You're probably not going to like this, but; if you want to really build a pre runner with any serious intent then ditch the gmt400 series all together.

Much better starting points out there and it's ford or an import.

If you just want the pre runner "look" then buy some fenders, bumpers, a spare carrier and a lift kit for your existing truck.

Better yet; throw a hitch on the back of your truck, buy a trailer and build/buy a proper dune runner like a buggy with 2 feet of wheel travel.

That'll snap yer hair back!

:)

As much as some will hate me saying this but this is the route im going....Im keeping my 400 around and building it into a SAS off road truck but for a true prerunner im going with an older Twin I beam 2wd F150.

Van Gui1d3r #838

Free Thinker
Reaction score
i will never go ford, and if a gmt400 wont hack it, i will go gmt800. honestly, if i stay gmt400, i will end up swapping the motor to a lq4 anyways. im building a 600hp lq4 as we speak for my 95 firebird formula for street play. i can locate another and build it to be 450hp n/a very easily and have no problem daily driving it. i would like to stay gmt400 but i will take what i can get in trade for my 4x4 i got now. i dont want just the look, i want the travel and durability of a "casual" prerunner. it will be a daily driver work truck but i do wanna be able to drive it offroad. we have some sand pits and some intermediate trails around here that dont require me to kick into 4wd to make it. theyre open enough to crack the throttle but no one around has a vehicle that withstand the bumps and ruts like a prerunner can at speed. no one around has one and everyone says you need 4x4 to live in upstate ny.... i beg the differ because ive had plenty of trucks and this gmt400 is my first 4x4. its nice but id rather have the truck thatll do my buddies cant. anyone know what i mean?