baja, prerunner, 4wd, long travel suspension kits.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlastingBat998

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey, I’ve been looking at the tread for a few days and I got curious, have you tried to do something like this on a K2500 454 vortec suburban? I have one and would like something like this one day. Thanks.

Trxsonoma

Reaction score
Hey, I’ve been looking at the tread for a few days and I got curious, have you tried to do something like this on a K2500 454 vortec suburban? I have one and would like something like this one day. Thanks.

One of my customers that bought a kit put it on a 2500 chassis. Suburban/pickup, same thing as far as the suspension goes. I designed a new spindle to work with the 8 lug hubs but other than that the kit is the same. He had to make some slight modifications to the shock towers to fit the slightly different shape frame. So it can be done.

BlastingBat998

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice, thanks for the info, now im wondering how well it will hold up with a 454 Vortec up front. did that customer say which motor the 2500 had?

Trxsonoma

Reaction score
nice, thanks for the info, now im wondering how well it will hold up with a 454 Vortec up front. did that customer say which motor the 2500 had?

The 454 won't make any difference as far as the suspension is concerned. Maybe just a little more congested in the engine compartment with the shock towers and whatnot. The K2500 customer swapped a cummins in it. I swapped an LQ4 in mine. The only engine that is an issue is the 6.5 diesel as the exhaust manifold occupies the same area as where the top of the passenger coilover needs to be.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Where has this thread been all my life? Now how about a video of you launching that thing!

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn that setup on a burb had to have been badass. Is the guy local to the north state? Are you only building setups for the 400s or anything somebody wants?

yblow

Reaction score
One of my customers that bought a kit put it on a 2500 chassis. Suburban/pickup, same thing as far as the suspension goes. I designed a new spindle to work with the 8 lug hubs but other than that the kit is the same. He had to make some slight modifications to the shock towers to fit the slightly different shape frame. So it can be done.
Are these kits still available?