Bad window regulator? Something locked up? Anyone had this issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
So my 97 C2500's DS window just stopped working.

It's about 3/4 of the way up, and wont move. However when i push the switch up and down the back of the window will move about 1/2 inch; the front stays stuck.. The front of the window is secure, not sliding around or falling back and foward. I can't pull the window up or down, there is no play in the mechanism.

Any ideas on what this could be, i've never really had this happen on any vehicle.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Have you had the door panel off for anything in a while, and maybe took the two 10mm headed bolts out near the front of the inner door skin? These hold the front window channel in place. I've had to fix a couple people's trucks where they had removed these and got the window in a bad bind as the channel shifted.

Richard

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
About a year ago i replaced the door handle, and it's been taken off 2 more times for speaker replacement. So maybe that could be..

Mysteriphys

Reaction score
Try opening it up, and give the window motor a tap with a hammer or blunt object, 50/50 either it breaks the magnets in the motor or it loosens up and works great I did that on a 94 cutlass, never had a problem after that :)

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Its not the window motor if it will move some. I'll bet one of your little wheels has run off the track on the regulator and bound everything up.

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
Happenedd on my 97 when the track rotted out and the front wheel popped out. Managed to get the wheel back in, rolled the window up and put blue masking tape over the switch. Recently recieved a new track, just got to get it installed.