96 K1500 Broken Window Hardware???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juggerado

Reaction score
I have a 96 Silverado 1500. Power window went down like it should. Started to roll it up and it seems like only the back section of the drivers side window wanted to come up. If I pull it up it will come. It’s like something isn’t pushing it up from the A-pillar side of the window. Removed the panel, and was able to see inside to the track and couldn’t see anything wrong. Any ideas?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If the window glass has been replaced at any point and someone left the bolts out of the front window channel (easy to forget apparently; I've repaired a couple like this) it can cause binding at the front and damage the regulator - one of 'em was all pretzeled-up.

Richard

Juggerado

Reaction score
The ends of this track were flared out. I guess it’s just something that happens over time. Pair that with lots of rough gravel road travel, the rolled simply popped out of the track. Thanks for the suggestions on where to start looking.
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
And now the door handle won’t open the door from the inside. Fixing one problem means creating a new one. I’m sure the linkage just came apart.
The rods on the inside door handles can pop loose from the levers they go into. Fortunately if the handle is broken, replacements are inexpensive and it's not a difficult job to do.