Bad rollover accident makes me think about a roll cage in my crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have seen these roll over accident articles a lot where I live and it makes me really wonder about having someone do a roll cage in my crew cab. My wife and my son and the new baby boy are my life and I always try to keep them safe but rollovers can happen because of me or someone else and seem to have a low survival rate.

You must be registered for see images

Has anyone ever done a cage in a crew cab? It doesn't have to be a full race cage but something that would give us a good chance of survival if something like that picture happened to us. That poor young girl at 29 died in that truck.

What would you guess the cost would be?

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Just remember that vehicles with roll cages also have harness so your body doesn't move around. If you roll a vehicle without a harness and have a roll cage there's a strong chance of hitting your head on one of the bars cause serious injuy or death.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty much don't drive a pickup truck... Most every other vehicle on the road does better in a roll over.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Roll cages will kill you without a helmet on. That's the simple fact of it. Don't put a cage in unless you plan on you and your kids wearing a helmet every time you enter the vehicle.

Vehicles are made to crumple like that. That's what saves your life during a hard impact.

-via Mobile

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The cabs are meant to crumble when rolling to prevent the passengers from getting a sudden shock. With a roll cage, your spines will be taking the force instead

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha these are all very good points that I didn't really consider except the don't drive a pickup truck one... ;) I guess I will just keep driving smart and hope that others will do the same. Hopefully I won't get into an accident like that ever with my family in the car. Thanks for the insight

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now I will be getting a cage in my truck within the next couple years. Once you get in 10s on the drag strip they like you to have a cage

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've been in 3 rollovers. Youthful exuberance, stupidity, & physics!
One was so slow that we actually had a conversation as the car was rolling over. 3.5X!
"That was one! We going over again?"
'Yup! Here we go! Hang on! Watch out for that speaker!"
A sapling kept us from ending up in the ocean. In January! First day of school after Christmas break.
Walked away from all of them. Not completely injury free, though. I have scars! As do some of the others involved. But no broken bones!
No rollbars in any of the vehicles!
Looking back, I can just shake my head. No one was killed or suffered any life altering disabilities.
Just dumb luck, or angels on our shoulders.