Baby Blue - The 97 4.3 to 89 5.7 Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kaylejwm

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Since i'm not doing anything else today, I figured I would snap some pictures of the two donor trucks. They also became scrap steel/wood bins over the last year and a half. Anyways the red truck is donating the engine, transmission, steering column, and various screws. Its most important job, though, is serving as a reference on how to put everything back together!

kaylejwm

Reaction score

Blast and paint done on the inside of the fenders. The doors and tailgate are getting done now and I will have the rad support done this week as well. I am a little hesitant about all the blue inside the engine bay, i'm thinking that I should have done everything black but I'm sure it will turn out in the end.

kaylejwm

Reaction score
I can't post in the classified section yet, so if anyone reading these knows of someone that has a blue dome light trim piece (the part that covers the entire span of the cab between the side trim on both sides) for a standard cab I would appreciate you or them getting in touch with me. Going from the extended cab to the regular cab means I needed new side trim panels, new seat belts, and that piece that goes above the rear window. Since this truck was base model before, it only had a plastic ring that went around the rear window with exposed painted steel on the rest of the back. I am located north of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada so shipping might kill me but it's worth a shot. I have everything else that I need.

kaylejwm

Reaction score

Well I won't have the doors done this week. The insides are blasted but there is a bunch of bodywork on the skins that needs to be done. The bottom folds have a little rot (1"-2"), so that will have to be sectioned out. Anyways hopefully they will be ready to mount early next week. The rad support and inner fenders are going blue today so they will be installed tomorrow. I know the pictures aren't exciting to look at, but I take pics at just about every stage and I figure if I upload them, I won't lose them next time I decide to lose my phone or wipe my computer.

kaylejwm

Reaction score
Well just about zero progress has been made due to my painter being busy getting ready for winter. I hit a road block with bolts for reassembly as well as I didn't want to continue buying new bolts and I didn't want to put the existing old rusty bolts in, so I made a compromise and bought myself a vibratory tumbler from Eastwood. That should be here in a week or so then I can get all my old bolts cleaned up and re-coated. This should save me a bunch of money. Anyways, the whole truck will be going into the spray booth in two weeks to have everything else painted. I should have a bunch of new pictures around that time.

In the mean time, I went and spent way too much money on yet another truck...
1998 GMC 4x4 RCSB
I'll start another thread outlining all the headaches I have found on this thing already. Some of the work done by one of the previous owners is so idiotic, it's almost comical.
I'd be willing to bet that every 16 year old in the province has had a round out of this machine, but we will get to that later.
Anyways, here it is.

Last edited: