axle help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can replace the gears. there are alot of companies that sell new gears for gmt400s. you could find a 14 bolt sf, very very very very 99.9% rare to find a legitimate 14ff 6 lug. Alot of our trucks (mine) came stock with a 14 sf. And if you're not doing some hardcore rock crawling or corr racing, a 14sf is all you'll need. and there are alot of 6 lugs versions of this axle.

BUT. if you get a 14sf with , say, 4.10s, you will need to get new gears installed for your front differential to match up with the gears in the back.

Reaction score
4.56's with the weight of your 35inch tires.

your transfer case is an np246 if it is autoride
its a np241 if its a floor shift.

241 is better because it doesnt have slip yokes.

205 is a one ton tcase with no slip yokes;

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
by autoride you mean button push, no its stick handle which i knew better when buying the truck or at least i was relieved when i opened the door and lookedinside

in truth im guessing 410 is really 4:100

and 456 is actually 4:56,

anyone know anything about mud tires, whats better a 98% tread set of 35,12.5r15 thornbirds for seven hundred or a mounted set of 80% tread pro comp xterrains for three fifty?????

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive got the np241 thank goodness

im looking at going to a junkyard and finding a truck with a gt5 or hc4 code, and grabbing the whole thing end to end transfer and everything but the trans and halfshafts

now does it have to come from a 96 vehicle or what do i need to look out for

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive got the np241 thank goodness

im looking at going to a junkyard and finding a truck with a gt5 or hc4 code, and grabbing the whole thing end to end transfer and everything but the trans and halfshafts

now does it have to come from a 96 vehicle or what do i need to look out for

it doesnt have to come from a 96 vehicle...