Auto starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Wouldn’t stock bolts be the proper bolts? I have heard of having to shim but in my limited experience changing starters, the handful I have changed I have never had to shim.

No your stock bolts are for your original starter. Assuming you have the old 10mt starter a new pmgr mini starter uses different bolts that are specialized.

Jason Warrum

Reaction score
No your stock bolts are for your original starter. Assuming you have the old 10mt starter a new pmgr mini starter uses different bolts that are specialized.

That’s good to know. I guess I should check if I’m gna need new bolts forbthis high torque starter I am putting in. Power master powermaxx plus. Anybody know if ima need new bolts. Just tryn to be prepared. Thanks everyone

rebelyell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
vortec PMGR starter bolts are entirely different from old 10MT bolts... Bolt diameter, its knurl and taper different as well. Those slight diffs WILL bite your ass if you try to use the Wrong bolts ... as in it will Never stay tight and won't stay aligned. In the course of all that, it'll fool most folk into trying to shim it.