94 Starter Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello yall, this past couple days on my 94 K1500 5.7L the engine/starter started making this noise right after the vehicle starts, and then it runs normally. It's almost a "whoosh" noise and goes down in speed until its gone in a few seconds.

I have a video here of it(a little hard to hear without headphones):

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Im worried about a torque converter bolt or something being loose, I put a trans in it about 3-4 months ago. But this noise just started the other day.

Anyone got any clues?

mwilliams55555

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely check converter to flywheel bolts since you have recently been there, also check starter bolts, most times they come off while doing tranny so I would start there.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely check converter to flywheel bolts since you have recently been there, also check starter bolts, most times they come off while doing tranny so I would start there.
I definitely will, its easy to do. It just doesnt sound like a loose bolt to me, its not like a grinding sound. Its more of just a smooth whoosh, im not sure if the starter is having problems or what.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well problem solved and I feel stupid, I bent the upper rad hose a little the other day to reach something(cant even remember what) and didnt put it back on top of the shroud so a pulley was hitting it, surprisingly no damage to the hose.