ATK High Performance 350ci TBI engine for 1988-1995 Trucks from Jegs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Yes they do, if you have the bosses for the spider and cam plate, you can get the Kit. Otherwise you can run roller lifters with "Tie Bars" which is way more expensive.

Here you have to measure your cam plate bolt spacing to get the correct one.
Well I see if my old engine is drilled and tapped. Either way, I will spend the money to convert it. That rebuild is gonna be a time consuming one, but I will take my time and am willing to spend some cash on it. I will probably stroke it to a 383… but I gotta put my “new” roller cam engine in my truck before I even seriously start to think about building the old one.

Reaction score
Alot of the things I do may seem sketchy but space is at a premium. I pulled and installed 2 different small blocks in my Express van using the 3 bolts for the lifter spider retainer tray. I have a piece of 1/4" bar stock, 2" wide with a hook bolted into it and 3 holes matching the retainer plate. I pull LS engines with the knock sensor holes all the time. I put the 8.1L in my 1983 using the 4 bolt holes for the lifter spider as well. The way I have that setup with the cherry picker bolted directly through the carb adapter makes the engine stay balanced and it does not free rotate on the end of a chain.
Well I got some ideas for when I do mine. My buddy who is helping me has done dozens of small block swaps, he’s on engine number 7 I believe in his mud truck. :oops: His help has also been invaluable. He’s a few years younger than me, and I will be 30 in October, but he knows his stuff for only being in his mid 20s.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no use for "engine tilters" either
I use my tilter almost every time for engine removal and installation. Especially for installation, you can tilt the engine to match the angle at which the transmission is resting. I can stab an engine in a no time without having to manually wrestle the engine. The downside is that you really have to watch where the chains route - especially if the distributor or intake are still in place. If you're trying to lift an engine into a minivan or a truck bed with a camper shell, it eats about 6" of height. Otherwise, pure gold.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for installation, you can tilt the engine to match the angle at which the transmission is resting.
I do that by varying the chain links bolted around the lifting hook. Whatever position works for removal...works for installation. So I don't unbolt the chain from the hook until the engine is back in. And I know which links were used to bolt the chain to the heads, so the engine tilt is identical.

The engine-tilter I have would take more than 6 inches of extra clearance over the top of the engine. And most cheap-junk engine hoists are height-limited due to too-short booms.

Reaction score
So I made some more progress on my 350. Checked the main bearings, everything is solid and good, no play in anything. Also, found out it’s a 2 bolt main block. Again, it’s a Jasper engine so no surprises there!
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 71409029580__47A7D7CD-15CD-4B75-8132-A2A32D59C88B.jpeg
    71409029580__47A7D7CD-15CD-4B75-8132-A2A32D59C88B.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 1
  • 71409032263__7E413160-631E-43EA-BEC9-F34CE3AA97B6.jpeg
    71409032263__7E413160-631E-43EA-BEC9-F34CE3AA97B6.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 1