Armrest won't open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I always have trouble with my armrest not opening up. As far as I can tell nothing is broken or with issue other than the latch mechanism just seems to be "sticky" and has trouble releasing. Does anyone have any advice for me on how to remedy it? Any writeups on how to dissemble it without damaging it? I have a 98 w the 60/40.

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine does it too. The foam on mine started to come off the top part of the rest. I didn't think that was the problem but I glued it back up and I'm not having the issue anymore.

Sent from my 5.7L beast machine

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't seem to have that issue. Mine is mint practically. Truck only had 74k on it when I got it. Even with the armrest open, the latch seems like it doesn't like to disengage from the closed position. Maybe it just needs a shot or two of lithium grease in there.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Its a problem with the latch, mine does it to and I just haven't had time to mess with it. Maybe someone else will chime in that's corrected the issue

carluvr

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing, too. Very hard to get it to unlatch unless you hit it in just the right spot. The button itself hinges from one side, I can't remember which at the moment, so hitting it in jus the right spot will usually do the trick, but it's a pain in the neck. The way it's designed, there isn't really any good way to take the latch mechanism apart to see what' really going on. The other problem is that the 60/40 bench option is pretty rare so finding replacement parts is next to impossible. In my case, I've come to accept that this is one of those annoying things that I probably need to live with even though I hate it when things like this don't work right.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I had to take mine apart several times.

The push face latch slips out of alignment with the release tab.

Ya just gotta keep trying until is all lines up.

Its a pita but mine has been fine for three years after getting it set up right.