Are GMT400 Bucket seats available anywhere?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
A good upholstery shop can save you some money. It wouldn`t be original but it would be new. Not a manly thing to do, But go look in a fabric shop that handles upholstery. That`s where I found the right color for my headliner and also some fabric for other areas that needed it. Plus you can actually see how heavy the fabric is ang get a better quality. My wife usually gets samples and tests them with cleaners, spaghetti sauce, and cat piss so she knows it will hold up. I like watching this guy! Also see parts 2 3 and four.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

bamabound

Reaction score
looks like you have lkq up near you. bucket seats are under $30. if its like the pull-a-part we have down here, you have to get there shortly after vehicle comes in as they get picked over pretty quick.

v6cheyenne98

Reaction score
Like the others have said junkyard/salvage yards would be a great place to look.
I have seen some suburbans and tahoes with nice buckets and consoles at my local junk yard.
But of course they go fast.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can fab your own brackets, get bucket seats out a fullsize GM car. I found a low-mileage '94 Cadillac with beautiful heated power leather seats at the local Pull-A-Part. Seats were the weekend special, so I got both for $15, then found $17 in a change purse in the back pocket. The switch box for the heaters cost me another ten bucks or so. I put power to the red and orange wires, grounded the black, and everything works! I still have a little work to do on the brackets.