anyone running a 3" body lift on 5 speed truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my 2" bL off of Amazon... I only used the pucks and bolts from the kit... easy stuff and looks great on 33's. I am cranked just a little too.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
even cranked with a 2'' bl i crunch the fenders with 33x12.5 on 9.75 wheels with 4.5 bs, when i beat on it.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
I ran a 3" body lift on my old 5 speed Silverado. I personally found the shifter location was more comfortable than stock.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
I don't have a BL, but I do plan to cut my shifter down 2-3" for a better feel. I would agree with above ^^^ that the current shifter height feels like an ape hanger handlebar.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
My shifter was cut and moved to a diff handle, then back to the orig. Reverse hits the cupholders right now.

It'll need to be cut, twisted, shortened and possibly bent towards driver. Custom short throw shift, hah. Thinking about a body lift, never thought how it would drop the shifter down. Might feel nice, I agree with ya shelby.. things way up in there and doesn't feel.. "natural"

ZZ-71

Reaction score
i think i have decided ill hold out for a suspension lift, go big or go home right? lol

There are more things to mess with on the body lift, that i am worried will make the truck not feel right.

ZZ-71

Reaction score
hey just wanted to update this, i did get a 3" body lift from summit, just got it in today and the truck feels very good and looks much better. I love the position of the shifter in every gear other than 2nd so i am going to have to change that.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Could you take a picture of it in 2nd gear and post it?

I'm thinking about doing the same exact thing as you and i'm nervous