anyone have a write up on raising the bed floor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cobalt

Reaction score
is there a write up somewere of a kind of how to on raising the bed floor on these trucks? if not can someone tell me the basics and ill give it a shot i have a few beds to work with so i could do a write up on it. the help is much apreciated....cant spell but can :superhack: some metal

cobalt

Reaction score
sweet ill see if i can dig around and find them. if i can do it simple enough i may give it a shot at doing a right up for others

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Go to page 35 on my thread, it's not really a write up but just some pics as I worked my way through it. It's almost done, just got to buy a 4'x8' sheet of metal to close in the wheel wells and the bed gaps underneath.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cut bed floor out around the sides and wheel wells. Build support system underneath with legs or whatever suits. As jmig said, buy sheetmetal to fill the holes where the wheel wells once were. Its obviously more in depth but thats in a nut shell

cobalt

Reaction score
talked a bit with one of the guys here in town that did it i plan to try and tackle it over the weekend im sure ill still have a few qestions on some stuff but ill keep yall updated...my only thing that stumps me is is there any better way to suport the bed sides from flexing aside from lengthen the bars from the wheel well to the bottom of the body? i really dont want this thing looking like a flag in the wind when i get up there in speeds

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
talked a bit with one of the guys here in town that did it i plan to try and tackle it over the weekend im sure ill still have a few qestions on some stuff but ill keep yall updated...my only thing that stumps me is is there any better way to suport the bed sides from flexing aside from lengthen the bars from the wheel well to the bottom of the body? i really dont want this thing looking like a flag in the wind when i get up there in speeds

the guy that raised mine left a lip on the outer beside above the wheel well opening ... and welded braces up to the portion where the cut was made on the inner side of the wheel well. if you're running a wide wheel or have backspacing concerns, you might tack it first, trial fit then final weld. the center brace on mine ALMOST rubs.. my wheels are 9.5" wide with 5" backspacing (if i recall correctly).

the bed is still on the trailer in this pic.. ignore the chains and straps

You must be registered for see images attach

cobalt

Reaction score
ill take a look into that i have the same with wheel and back spacing but i have a 22'' on a stock height 30 inch tire...it seems to thow alot of wreches in plans but i cant go smaller and drive around here