Anyone ever used the Jegs offroad y-pipes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue96

HANO Motorsports
Reaction score
My cats are garbage and I'd like to replace them. While I'm at it, I want to increase the exhaust size from the dual 2" to the dual 2.25" by using the Jeg's 31005 pipe. I'm hoping it's a decent fit.

You must be registered for see images attach

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/31005/10002/-1?parentProductId=758633

After that, I will also buy some high flow, Thunderbolt Spin cats from Performance Curve.

You must be registered for see images

http://performance-curve.com/410225-225catalyticconverter.aspx

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I have it...fit was not great, but that was connected to cheap shorty headers so they may have been part of the problem...to get mine connected I had to use a ratchet strap and winch the end closer together. Its a real PITA to get the bolts on too and mine leaks. If I were to do it all again I would go with long tube headers and have a shop fab the mid-pipe for me. You may have better luck if you are using stock manifolds, but I just wanted to give you my experience so you can make an informed decision. Good luck!

blue96

HANO Motorsports
Reaction score
Thanks and damn that sucks!!! I'm on the fence about headers actually because the good ones are 400$ and I want to swap in a LM7 or a LQ4 anyway... However, I'm told the exhaust will mainly carry over if I use manifolds.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
One option for cheaper headers is Hooker 2462 long tubes. They are for the TBI truck, but if you have O2 bungs welded into the collectors and delete EGR or weld on an egr tube they fit on Vortec motors too. I have heard nothing but good things about them also. When I finally make the swap to LT's that's what I will be getting. Here's a thread by someone who did it http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?5826-Headers-on-the-5-7-Vortec

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought the magnaflow y pipe kit...it included the cats...in stainless for around $400...fit like a dream. Just thought I would pass on another option.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My magnaflow y pipe with cat and in stainless steel was about 310 shipped for me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

blue96

HANO Motorsports
Reaction score
Was that for a single or dual exhaust??

Edit: never mind, I looked it up.. Idk what I'm gonna do, the transmission is about to suck up a paycheck :(