Anyone ever swapped out a 4.3L for a 4.8L?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rmurphy1897

Reaction score
Good friend of mine is selling me a 4.8L out of a 2000 model Silverado for next to nothing. I was just curious if anyone had done it and could give me some tips and links to different parts that are needed, etc. I apologize if this topic has already been covered a million times.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its the same thing as if your truck would have a V8
You need the engine, harness, PCM, flex plate and spacer (if auto), swap motor mounts, fuel pump (if truck is original TBI), exhaust (stock or shoenfeld headers will work) and somebody to tune it.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Google LS swap, and you'll be inundated with info on this project. I had everything amassed to do the swap before I found out I was having a kid and gave up on it. Still have the 5.3 and a 4l60 in my garage.

rmurphy1897

Reaction score
Google LS swap, and you'll be inundated with info on this project. I had everything amassed to do the swap before I found out I was having a kid and gave up on it. Still have the 5.3 and a 4l60 in my garage.
Yeah I just ran across ls1truck.com and I have to say.. wow at all the information I've found. Lol. Can't wait to get the ball rolling on the swap.

rmurphy1897

Reaction score
Its the same thing as if your truck would have a V8
You need the engine, harness, PCM, flex plate and spacer (if auto), swap motor mounts, fuel pump (if truck is original TBI), exhaust (stock or shoenfeld headers will work) and somebody to tune it.
It's a 96 4.3 vortec with the 4L60E