anyone ever heard this before?! need the experts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
its not so much "will tear up parts", more of a "have been going thru parts like crazy for 2 1/2 years" kind of thing! I always laughed at the guys that wouldn't go big on ifs, thought they were just looking for an excuse to SAS. I have to learn everything the hard way I guess!

Thats usually how it tends to go.....personally im bypassing the lifted IFS step because of the fact i have a heavy a** Turbo Diesel that will do some damage with that big of tire because of its torque.

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
The internals of the of the axle stub, wheel side turned to shrapnel. The only thing holding it on was the boot. No cutting of shaft involved. I was going to remove the stub. But didn't have the right size wrench to remove the hub spacer(dually). So out of frustration said f-it. And just left it there.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sometimes its better to be lucky than good lol! that's what I'm thinking of doing tho, just leave a few inches. how close did you cut it down on the diff side of the shaft?

Just cut it in the middle and then cut the rubber boots and pull the shaft section out leaving the stub in the bearing and the stub in the diff