Anybody have transport wheels with a 5/7 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryhno

Reaction score
I’m not sure but I think that was GM’s way of trying to keep those wheels from being sold to the public because they only made them for transport purposes? That’s why it’s a sticker and not stamped into the wheel like the DOT markings? But that’s just my thoughts?

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
It's because the normal consumer wants flashy/gaudy aluminum wheels. personally is rock the transport wheels with a chrome center cap.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure but I think that was GM’s way of trying to keep those wheels from being sold to the public because they only made them for transport purposes? That’s why it’s a sticker and not stamped into the wheel like the DOT markings? But that’s just my thoughts?
Possibly...but why would they not want to sell something people want to buy?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They wanted them returned so they could re-use them. The stickers lead people to believe they are not road legal. They are DOT approved as stamped by the manufactuer, Fumagalli.

There's a bit of misinformation going around about these wheels. I can say this though after having had a couple sets on my own hands, they are ridiculously heavy and are often bent - likely from 2 causes, being shipped back to GM in a "who cares" manner, and being run on the road with low profile tires.

Richard

Ryhno

Reaction score
Honestly I didn’t want to get into a dispute about the DOT of these wheels, I just want to see them on a Obs with a 4/6 or 5/7 drop and tires sizes. So anybody have any Picts and specs of static trucks with these wheels?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly I didn’t want to get into a dispute about the DOT of these wheels, I just want to see them on a Obs with a 4/6 or 5/7 drop and tires sizes. So anybody have any Picts and specs of static trucks with these wheels?
Pics? All over the net, almost none of them on GMT400's since you don't see hardly any dropped 6 lug 400's. Mostly on 60-66 trucks and on GMT800-newer.

One thing for sure being a 22 you will need to run low pros to fit a dropped 400 and you will bend wheels, guaranteed. These are not strong wheels. Not really trying to beat the dead horse here, I think the wheels look cool, but I chose twice to say screw it and let them go instead of running them.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I always thought the transports would look cool on my Suburban with a set of the black GMC Express van center caps, like these.

You must be registered for see images attach

Does anyone know if that style of center cap will fit on the transports without modifications? Apologies for derailing the thread further... I debated even posting this but the discussion got my vehicular OCD going.