Any way to fix this? (un-even hood)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
A few months ago, i turned into the driveway to park my truck like i always do. Little did i know my trash can was in my blind spot and i hit it going about 20 mile per hour. Ofcourse my truck was fine. For the exception of a cracked headlight housing and a slightly un-even/un-level hood... Is there any way to fix this? I've blown this off for a few months now, but i really want to fix it. Any tips?

You must be registered for see images attach

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Try lowering the rubber bump stop on the passenger side of the grille area (where the hood meets the grille) by twisting it.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Yep, like Kevin said, you can adjust the stops on the core support. You're still probably going to have to try and twist the hood though to make it fit right.

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
A few months ago, i turned into the driveway to park my truck like i always do. Little did i know my trash can was in my blind spot and i hit it going about 20 mile per hour. Ofcourse my truck was fine. For the exception of a cracked headlight housing and a slightly un-even/un-level hood... Is there any way to fix this? I've blown this off for a few months now, but i really want to fix it. Any tips?

You must be registered for see images attach
you may want to try a block of wood like a 2x4 on edge under the hood on the drivers side under the front with a rag under it to protect the paint on the fender. shut the hood on the block then push down with some pressure on the passenger side near the front. see what that does, hopefully you can tweak it enough, if that dont work then try moving the block near the back the the hod hinge and do the same process. if that dont work then you may need to find another hood. but would try them things first. if it does work then you may have to readjust you hood adjusters to make it even again on the fenders after it shuts

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone. I have tried adjusting the rubber supports, but no help. But firefighter_2319, i may try that, it sounds like it should work.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
good luck with it. those are the 2 suggestions i would have as well. also how horrible are your headlights at night? looks great but i can't imagine they are very useful like that.

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
just a heads up, don't do the wood trick on ANY cowl hood. metal and (obviously not) fiberglass. ruined a good hood =(

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. and yes, the lights suck at night, Hints why i still have the fog lights on there. Going to switch over to HID's and clear glass housing's over christmas, but the fog lights have always overpowered the driving lights, except the high beams, so all i really lost was my high beam usage on country roads..