any one with a good kill story on the street or at the track.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I ask this because the other day sitting at a light i had a Honda, pull up next to me . He proceeded to rev up alot just to inch forward like most of the ones i see do. Well i rev my engine he started making his car rev til it started rattling and making beyond loud fart noises and long story short i spun 1 st gear nailed 2nd and he was in the rear view mirror .

Im itching to get to the local dragstrip however just to see my number and where i need to improve in my further engine build.

Trav_69Stang

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar situation last year. Was hanging out with the college car club in Subway parking lot, when this tool in his RICED OUT 4dr Acura Integra just rev bombed as he drove by. A friend of mine said he's calling me out, so I looked at the guy that was riding with me and said, ok get your ass in the truck let's go! So we all loaded up and chased the guy down a few miles til we finally got up next to him at a stop light. I seen he had his little girl in her car seat and wasn't sure about it at first, but as the lights were getting ready to change green, my friend starts getting video on his phone... he raps it up and bangs the rev limiter that sounds so ... I stall up and the light turns green. Truck did a short tire squeal and I was gone! He never had a chance... as I let out at 80 I see him in my rear view turn off on a side street haha... VTEC kicked in... and still didn't win

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Ive been known to spank the odd mustang :naughty:

beat my dad as well from a rolling start. ('69 Camaro, Mild 396, TH400)

LessThenStellar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I go the opposite route.

I rev my engine right back at them, stare at them, point and pretend to be talking $hit. And when the light turns green they launch and I take off like normal.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I seem to attract them like flies. Mustangs, Camaros, Honduhs, Muscle cars, etc. Great to see their face when they are spanked by a fairly non-assuming truck. On the street, traction is my biggest problem. When I run the ET Street radials, it looks more like it's ready to race, and not so unassuming. Tough to really get the tires hot while sitting at a light. :rolleyes:

Trav_69Stang

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to attract them like flies. Mustangs, Camaros, Honduhs, Muscle cars, etc. Great to see their face when they are spanked by a fairly non-assuming truck. On the street, traction is my biggest problem. When I run the ET Street radials, it looks more like it's ready to race, and not so unassuming. Tough to really get the tires hot while sitting at a light. :rolleyes:

Now I'm curious to see your truck!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Back in '83. I'm driving this.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?8569-Pic-of-a-pic-of-a-car-I-owned

Gotta buddy ridin' shotgun. He's a Ford guy. Owns a '68 California Special, all done up for corner carving. (I blame him for getting me into this cornering stuff!)
Sitting at a light, when a 'new' Vette pulls up beside us. 2 guys in it. Passenger's pointing & laughing! (?) Driver starts revving it up on the yellow, waiting for the green for us. I'm ignoring. Road is just slightly wet. Waste of gas to go up against this guy. No traction. Light turns green. Boom! Corvette boy nails it! Rear of the 'Vette slides out as he's going through the intersection..
I idle off the light!
Next light. Same thing. Next 4 intersections, again, same thing.
My Ford buddy says, "Aren't you gonna take this guy on?"
Next light, I make a right. Corvette boy cuts across 2 lanes to get in behind me.
The road is dry here.
Just as I get around the corner, clutch goes in, bring the revs up to 4500, & drop the clutch. Stand on it! The Nova does a jig and we dance into the middle lane! Bang 2nd. Steer into it, get it straight & back out of it. Can't see the 'Vette for the tire smoke! Hehe!!!
Next light, (short city block ahead of us.) The 'Vette pulls up beside us on the driver side. I bring the revs up. So does he. Light goes green. Boom! He launches. I idle off the light!
Next light. (Now we have some room ahead.) I'm tired of this B.S. Revs come up. Light goes green. Hold him right beside me in the corner of my eye, till I see his front end drop when he goes for second.
Now!!!
Mash the skinny pedal. Power shift to 2nd.@ 6700rpm. The Nova does a bit of that street tires & leaf spring dance. Using the whole lane! Bang 3rd gear! Again @ 6700rpm.
Where'd the 'Vette go?
Oh. He's back THERE!
My Ford buddy is killing himself laughing! "You WASTED a 'Vette! I can't believe it! Wow! He didn't have a chance!"
(Had to explain to him that those 'Vettes of the early '80's had the same 350 as the station wagons, or any other Chevy of the time.)
But I ain't done with this guy, yet.
The next light is green when I get to it. I stopped at it. Buddy asks me what I'm doing? "Wait for it." I says.
By the time the 'Vette gets up to us, the light is red.
This time he's not revving. Me neither. Light goes green. I side step the clutch @ about 5000rpm. Lay down 2 big fat black marks across the intersection. Vette boy doesn't move. He couldn't. He couldn't see for the tire smoke! Just a bit of a final F. you!
Good times!

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
My god do I have stories, when you drive a modded mustang it's like everyone under the sun is drawn to you. In the summer it's a daily event that someone will wanna race. I take it easy on both my vehicles so usually I don't but there has been a couple races over the years.

I still think the best one was a sti that pulled up next to me at a red light and started revving his 0.25ltr (or whatever midget cid thse imports have now). It was August and I hadn't raced anybody that summer so I figured "what the hell". The light changed and I stood on it and got him by about a car length. About 0.5mi up the road we catch the light, he honks and yells over "That's bull! Nobody races from a stop, I was gonna roll race you!" I just laughed, shook my head, and looked forward.

Trav_69Stang

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My god do I have stories, when you drive a modded mustang it's like everyone under the sun is drawn to you. In the summer it's a daily event that someone will wanna race. I take it easy on both my vehicles so usually I don't but there has been a couple races over the years.

I still think the best one was a sti that pulled up next to me at a red light and started revving his 0.25ltr (or whatever midget cid thse imports have now). It was August and I hadn't raced anybody that summer so I figured "what the hell". The light changed and I stood on it and got him by about a car length. About 0.5mi up the road we catch the light, he honks and yells over "That's bull! Nobody races from a stop, I was gonna roll race you!" I just laughed, shook my head, and looked forward.

You want a roll got to a bakery LOL

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
You want a roll got to a bakery LOL

No doubt, there's also the other time a dude in an Evo said "is that a 5.0?" I said "yeah", he said "oh too bad it's not a 351." To which I replied with "does Mitsubishi mail you the other half of your engine or how does that work?"

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 4S