Another Retrospective: The History of 1badgmc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It still needed one more thing to finish it off...new wheels. Usually, when I decide I want new wheels, it takes me forever to look through all the catalogs and finally decide on the design I want. This time was different. I had actually seen the Haze in a magazine ad a while before this point and had decided then and there that I wanted a set. I felt that 20s all around were too big for my tastes, so I decided to go with 19s up front and 20s in the rear.

By the spring of 2002, I had them all mounted up to complete the look that you still see today.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As with any project, it will never truly be finished. I still have a small list of things I'd like to do, but the problem is that they're all pretty BIG things and with adult bills and resposibilities, there's just not enough time or money right now, so I'll just enjoy what I've got. Maybe someday. Tops on the list right now, though, are the need to rebuild the steering and fix the A/C so I'll be more willing to drive it during the hot summer months.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Did you tint all clear tail lights blue or were they the blue aftermartket ones. I remember for a short period of time a company had those lights in all purple, green, clear, and blue. Then they went to half color half red. I would love to get set of the green ones. I have all clears that I am thinking of painting a candy green over.

Truck looks good though.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tinted a set of the clears myself. I used 3 coats of Testors transparent blue model spray paint on the inside of the lenses. I actually got the idea because a guy in my club at the time had blue tinted tails on a VW Golf. I did these probably 6-9 months before I ever saw any of the colored tails on the market. I also think that all the colored tails came with the red reflectors in them too, setting mine apart even more. When I first did these, I ran them all the time. I just really didn't feel that I was getting enough light through them during bright daylight to be safe, so I ran with stocks on during the daily grind and kept the blues for shows only. I actually just dug out the blue tails from storage. I need to find a place to display them. Memories of a simpler time in my truck's history.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is another excellent thread, truly a lifetime's worth of work and sweet rides. Love the blue truck as it is now.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's funny when I think about it. The current color has been on the truck for 11 years now. The truck is 19 years old and I've owned it for 14 years, so the truck has officially spent more of its life in the current color, but it's still hard for me to think of it that way. The color still seems so "new" to me even after all these years.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious what tonnoe... I know I spelt it wrong but I cant think of the correct way for the life of me right now lol... What bed cover is that lol??

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The older it gets the better it looks !!!!!

That seems to be 1 of the best things about GMT400's after you tear em down and build them right.

Job well done 1badd !!!!