Another project truck - '97 K2500 ecsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Sad part about this is, if someone at the tire shop has had feelers out for those items (or has a buddy or someone they owe a favor to, that does), all it takes is a few phone calls or messages with a pic or two. If the place is busy enough, and anyone who might say something is looking the other way....
When I worked at Walmart, during the store remodel, there were multiple times that stuff was put in the back lot for storage...and then wasn't there when someone went to retrieve it. Things that probably ended up sold for scrap metal and so forth.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Also, after looking closer, it appears that she has the holes for buckets and a console drilled with bolts in them, despite the Compnine report listing "AE7 - SEAT, FRT SPLIT, EASY ENTRY", which to me sounds like a bench seat. Which is what currently resides in her. But there are definitely bolts in the floor where the inboard bucket track would be. And also at least two bolts where I assume the center console would mount. So I am severely confused.
Normal. They built them with provisions for both and filled the unused holes with bolts so they wouldn't leak. Even my '94 had this but I swapped the other way - took the ripped up buckets out and put in a nice split bench I had.

Welp...
F me
The damn tire store threw away that set of nearly mint AR26s off of this truck. :banghead::banghead:
Threw away? As in, you had them there for some reason and they chucked them, and what's their story? Sounds like they owe you.

Richard

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
They've already agreed to buy me a set of new wheels. Takes some of the sting out, but not all. That haven't made the AR26s in more than a decade, and they are near impossible to find in any condition, let alone as nice as those were.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They've already agreed to buy me a set of new wheels. Takes some of the sting out, but not all. That haven't made the AR26s in more than a decade, and they are near impossible to find in any condition, let alone as nice as those were.
There's a set in Marketplace not far from me I believe, I didn't know they were desirable