another fuel pump thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So ive had my Burb registered for 7 hours. I decided to take it on some trails and try the 4wd. I went through some water and ruts and it started running real rough. Figured i just got the distributor wet.. no problem it will dry out. For the next ten minutes it would idle fine but as soon as the engine was under load it wouldnt want to rev past 3000rpm and would fall on its face and try to stall. Then.. nothing. It will crank over fine but wont fire.

I checked the relays and can hear them clicking. I noticed i cant hear the pump prime when key is in accessories on position. (And for the past two weeks of me owning it the pump did seem fairly noisy but it didnt seem too abnormal loud.. as in something i wouldnt be concerened about. My buddy actually pointed it out but i thought nothing of it)

I stuck the tip of a knife on the fuel pressure port shrader valve and pressed it to see if anything would squirt... nothing.

Also my fuel gauge now wont move. Prior to this it would fluctuate when the acc. Were turned on and i had about 1/4 and a tiny bit more in the tank.. now its stuck on half.

Sounds like a bad pump to me, no? But now why is the fuel gauge not reading?

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
There is a ground point on the frame for the pump/sending unit. Should be located below the filler hose, by the rear tire. Check the terminal for corrosion. The pump and sending unit can go out at the same time, but usually its one or the other. Check your relay located at the right side of your distro block for power and for corrosion or water.

Edit: Check the connector at the pump fer mud!

Last edited: