Amp Remote Lead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I've never wired in an amp before, but I've got everything wired in but the 'remote lead'. I read on the internet that it was a blue wire on the back of the deck, so I found a blue wire in the back that was capped off. I tried wiring it to that, but had no luck. Does the wire have to be coming out of the deck itself? I seem to have an old harness in the back with a ton of capped off wires, I'm guessing from the original harness? I have a Kenwood deck in the truck at the moment. I'm completely new to doing audio.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Yea the blue wire will be coming off the back of the radio sometimes they are blue with a white line. Also if for some reason it is missing from your harness you can attach your remote wire to any key on acc power source and do the same thing.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I have a blue wire with white trim that has a tag that says antenna. From what I saw yesterday it seems to come out of the deck and go right back in. Do I cut that wire and wire into it?

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a blue wire with white trim that has a tag that says antenna. From what I saw yesterday it seems to come out of the deck and go right back in. Do I cut that wire and wire into it?

Remote turn on should be the blue wire with the white stripe. But I don't know why it would come out of the deck and then back in. See if you can gently pull one end of the wire out.