Alpine UTE 73BT - user can't figure out new interface/control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If anyone here knows their way around these newer Alpine units, I sure would appreciate some assistance. The unit is in the truck and working fine but for the life of me I can not figure out how to search/scroll through artists with the mp3 files on a usb thumb drive.

My older Alpine unit you just tapped the volume button and it entered search by artist - turn to scroll thru the list - click to select.

Any help would be appreciated - internet search didn't turn up anything useful and I have read the exceptionally poor manual and it doesn't seem to cover this.
Cheers
Mark

Last edited:

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I have this model-but I never searched through artists-just next song and stuff like this. Will have to play with it.
Thank you - I have the usb drive formatted in fat32 and a simple folder structure of artist>album(s) >tracks in mp3 format. Pushing the volume button is supposed to access search function (my older alpine unit would show artists alphabetically) but this one just triggers the display to scroll the track name and I can't make it do any sort of search in a predictable/intuitive/logical way. Any help would be very much appreciated. Cheers

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope-mine is CDE1938T. Like you said-if I press the volume knob I go into search,then by turning knob it goes to folder,file etc. Artists appear and I browse through. Sorry I can't help-all thise Alpine radios look exactly the same-hence I thought I had it lol

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope-mine is CDE1938T. Like you said-if I press the volume knob I go into search,then by turning knob it goes to folder,file etc. Artists appear and I browse through. Sorry I can't help-all this Alpine radios look exactly the same-hence I thought I had it lol
Thanks for letting me know. My old one worked the way yours does - I may have to put the old one back in.... :)