Airbag connector identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimdaug

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need some help. I ended up pulling my steering column so I could get to some wires from an alarm that the previous owner put in. I figured while I'm there I might as well swap the steering wheel for one with the radio controls. I ended up getting a wood and leather wheel from an Escalade off ebay. I think it was listed as a 2001 but the listing isn't there anymore to check. I also got a clock spring off ebay from an S10. The airbag connector on it is different than what the wheel takes. It's a black connector. Looking at some other S10 clock springs on eBay, it looks like they changed to a yellow connector at some point. This is the style I need, but I'm having trouble finding a replacement pigtail.
You must be registered for see images attach

I think I need ACDELCO PT2601, but it doesn't look like it has the safety clip that pushes in the back. https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-60-PT2601-Auto-Part/dp/B004JBIAYY

Short of spending another $120 on another clock spring does anyone know if there's a pigtail for these?

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need some help. I ended up pulling my steering column so I could get to some wires from an alarm that the previous owner put in. I figured while I'm there I might as well swap the steering wheel for one with the radio controls. I ended up getting a wood and leather wheel from an Escalade off ebay. I think it was listed as a 2001 but the listing isn't there anymore to check. I also got a clock spring off ebay from an S10. The airbag connector on it is different than what the wheel takes. It's a black connector. Looking at some other S10 clock springs on eBay, it looks like they changed to a yellow connector at some point. This is the style I need, but I'm having trouble finding a replacement pigtail.

I think I need ACDELCO PT2601, but it doesn't look like it has the safety clip that pushes in the back. https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-60-PT2601-Auto-Part/dp/B004JBIAYY

Short of spending another $120 on another clock spring does anyone know if there's a pigtail for these?
You actually want the airbag to work?
I always thought it was just there to make sure you are dead if the impact didn't do the trick.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

F4U-1A

G-Damn Blackfly season coming.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had my Chev for almost 25yrs, they say old airbags can be a hazard to ones health, so I disabled them. Same with my 2010 JK, those bags are under recall. Seat belts, and defensive driving, that's the ticket.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand your desire to have a certain steering wheel, but I wouldn't mess with airbag wiring. Period. I'm confident in my wiring capabilities, but you're dealing with explosives. If you do decide to fit a new connector, you need to be cognizant that if anything goes wrong you could accidentally set it off while you're working on it. If you're positioned incorrectly it can kill you. Again, I wouldn't do it.