Air helper springs for a lowered 3500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SS Performance

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm about to install a Belltech 2-4 kit in my 1996 CC LB DWR 2WD.

I'm wondering about putting air helper springs in as well. I use the tuck to pull a 48ft race trailer. I'm concerned that being lowered the rear will be too low.

I contacted AirLift but they claim to only make a kit for lowered 1500's it's a 2000lb kit I don't know if that is total or per bag.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue and if so how did you handle it?

Thanks
Craig

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the kit Air Lift is showing for our trucks. https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/59202/

My old dually had helper bags on a flip kit, and I could've sworn it had double convoluted bags, but been so long ago, I don't remember for sure.
That'd be the one. I do seem to remember single sleeve bags, but I can't swear to it.

SS Performance

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks that looks good. My only concern is it states they are for trucks with 5-6 inch drop and I'm only going 4.

I guess I can make some mods to the mounting brackets if I have to.

Thanks
Craig

BowtieJC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
with a 4 inch kit , i dont think thats a flip kit . is it just hangers and shackles? if so, you wont be removing the heavy duty leaf. so in my opinion , i know lol, you wont have any more drop in the rear with trailer hooked up than you do know. i dont think.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with a 4 inch kit , i dont think thats a flip kit . is it just hangers and shackles? if so, you wont be removing the heavy duty leaf. so in my opinion , i know lol, you wont have any more drop in the rear with trailer hooked up than you do know. i dont think.
The amount the truck squats with the trailer will be the same, but it's starting from a point 4" lower than before.