After market gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am wanting to change out the "moonies" on my truck but wondering if any one knows if there is a fuel gauge that will work with the OEM sender ? Really dont want to go thru the hassle of replacing the existing sender
Thanks
Bobby V

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found this on youtube pete, go to about 11 minutes and watch how he tested the OEM unit in his old tank, see what you think
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
And this was with the Dolphin gauge I like and want to use

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go to about 11 minutes and watch how he tested the OEM unit in his old tank, see what you think
That's a good way to be sure it's gonna work but, I thought you didn't want to have to drop the tank? I didn't watch the entire video, what ohm range does the Dolphin gauge use? From the DD cut sheet it looks like yours should be 0-90. I'd look at my Moonie gauge before I remove it and hook up the new one. See if it's the same, or close then I'd have a pretty good idea it's right.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You are correct pete, dont want to screw with the tank unless I have too, this just showed that his OEM sending unit worked with the same Dolphin gauge I will be using thats all. So therefore I should be able to use existing wiring correct, of course we will test it before buttoning it all up.
Id like to use DD but they are too proud of their product if you know what I mean, it would be over double what I spend with Dolphin setup.
Im calling them this morning to confirm a few things.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
I'm liking those Dolphin gauges. Looks like a reasonable price and I see they have a plate (says 1988) that should fit my 90. I like the looks of the Dolphins also. Not super fancy but a decent looking gauge. When I do this, who knows, but at least it is an option.

Ken

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm liking those Dolphin gauges. Looks like a reasonable price and I see they have a plate (says 1988) that should fit my 90. I like the looks of the Dolphins also. Not super fancy but a decent looking gauge. When I do this, who knows, but at least it is an option.

Ken
Yep for sure Ken, I like the NVU gauges a lot also but they wind up at double the Dolphin gauges setuo and DD will be close to a grand for thier setup, just TOO DAMN MUCH MONEY IMHO
Bobby v