Adjusting 95 350 TBI throttle cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much slack should there be in the throttle cable, always had an inch or so, can you adjust it or is that normal?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Shane_o_mac

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine has always been pretty tight. There is a little plastic screw deal that is attached to the cable. I have mine unscrewed aways since I have the tbi spacer make sure it's not too tight or it will open the blades while at idle.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As long as you press the throttle pedal and the throttle body opens all the way you are good.. its a stranded cable so it will stretch after time like they all do.. to check if it's OK have someone press and hold the pedal down (engine not running....lol) and see if you can open the throttle manually on the tbi unit.. If you can, some can be adjusted but if you do make sure to adjust your tps again to make sure it's still good.. .5 (ish)volts closed throttle to 5 (ish) volts wide open throttle. Gets adjusted with engine not running but key on..

sent from what use to be a great country..