add a leafs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsommers

Reaction score
Ive been looking for some add a leafs for my 2500 and have some questions.

I see that there are long and short ones. Whats the difference?

What brand is everyone running and how high did you crank your torsion bars to level it out a little bit.
Anybody have any pictures of a crank and addaleafs

jsommers

Reaction score
Better towing and a little bigger tires. The 285's are kinda tight in the front

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
This is my truck with a RCX AAL. I am running 305/70/r16s. Ran the same setup with 285s but I needed less crank. It might not help you much because my front end was cranked all the way and was barely higher than stock because of the weight of my front bumper. I know it did help alot with the sag when towing! Now I have the six inch lift and replaced the AAL with a 4" block and 3/4 ton leaf springs which in my opinion was the best upgrade I have ever made
You must be registered for see images attach

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
This is my truck with a RCX AAL. I am running 305/70/r16s. Ran the same setup with 285s but I needed less crank. It might not help you much because my front end was cranked all the way and was barely higher than stock because of the weight of my front bumper. I know it did help alot with the sag when towing! Now I have the six inch lift and replaced the AAL with a 4" block and 3/4 ton leaf springs which in my opinion was the best upgrade I have ever made

OP has a 2500, so I'm not sure if an aal will help much with the 2500 leafs.

jsommers

Reaction score
Why wouldnt an aal work on a 2500? It will just stiffwn the truck up a little bit. Im hoping for about an 1.5 of lift.
Ive done some searching and i guess the long aals are saposed to give a better ride than the shorts.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Just wondering how much it'll actually lift it because I'm guessing the leaf springs on a 2500 are stiffer than a 1500. I'm not sure on this I'm wondering myself.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
you shouldnt need a aal in a 2500 for better towing my 2500 dont even really squat with a load i put a 2 inch block in my truck and had to crank it to the max up front...

but anyways heres a picture of 2 inch block and cranked level with 285 75 16s on 16x8s

on pyos 16x6.5

jsommers

Reaction score
My truck was squatting pretty good with my ranger on the trailer. I had to back it on to put more weight over ther trailer axles so i could tow it. Just trying to get it to look somewhat level wih a trailer on it.