AC stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got it off. Lines were completely empty. So all 3 cans went straight to atmosphere. Looks like somewhere along the line some leak stopper was added. Going get new one in am, I forgot to ask if new orifice came with it tho. Or o rings.

Getting the murray from oreilly. Too iffy on the amazon & ebay ones. Lifetime waranty this way at least

Attachments

• 889C2E07-1314-4B50-B0CB-147B3552E4D4.jpeg
    889C2E07-1314-4B50-B0CB-147B3552E4D4.jpeg
    533.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 46557F0F-E4B9-4BD2-84F3-F121DE9F68E5.jpeg
    46557F0F-E4B9-4BD2-84F3-F121DE9F68E5.jpeg
    571 KB · Views: 10

Queso Del Rio

Reaction score
Get the right one, even TBIs 88 - 95 had different ones with the orifice tube in different places. It's not worth it to cheap out on A/C systems especially, when you live in the desert :anitoof:
You got that right about the desert! I just changed out almost everything (Compressor, Condensor, Accumulator, Orifice Tube, Hi/Low Press. Hoses, Switches) just to be on the safe side and to cover the parts warranties on my '89 when the original Harrison R-4 gave up the ghost after 32 years. My Orifice Tube is just behind the HP port on the right fender well. I've seen some guys having go through a whole lotta ass-pain to get at theirs!

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Del rio… damn i miss that place. We hunted on 277 @693 on the long pasture ranch across from the entrance to Moodys old ranch. And on zacatosia creek.

Is the custom bumper place still open just past Walmart heading out of town toward the lake?

Queso Del Rio

Reaction score
Got it off. Lines were completely empty. So all 3 cans went straight to atmosphere. Looks like somewhere along the line some leak stopper was added. Going get new one in am, I forgot to ask if new orifice came with it tho. Or o rings.

Getting the murray from oreilly. Too iffy on the amazon & ebay ones. Lifetime waranty this way at least
The Orifice Tube usually comes with the o-ring already installed in a sealed bag. You'll need 2 more o-rings for the Condensor Line connections. Lube them all with PAG Oil. You're probably gonna have problems down the road, if you install new parts as-is, since that leak-stopper crap was used. You might want to see if you can get the rest of the system flushed for a couple of bucks before you install the new parts.

OLD BLUE 88

Reaction score
I did a total rebuild of AC system on my 88 K1500. Instead of the OEM type condensor coil, I installed one from Vintage Air that is designed for the newer gas. Belching out cold air at about 30deg, according to the thermometer in the center vents. It was never that cold even when new.

Queso Del Rio

Reaction score
Del rio… damn i miss that place. We hunted on 277 @693 on the long pasture ranch across from the entrance to Moodys old ranch. And on zacatosia creek.

Is the custom bumper place still open just past Walmart heading out of town toward the lake?
Just down the road. Yep, Arc-Rite Welding is still pumping stuff out!

Queso Del Rio

Reaction score
I did a total rebuild of AC system on my 88 K1500. Instead of the OEM type condensor coil, I installed one from Vintage Air that is designed for the newer gas. Belching out cold air at about 30deg, according to the thermometer in the center vents. It was never that cold even when new.
Bigger/larger is better for the 134 due to the molecular size difference with R-12.