AC stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't see if you found location of orifice tube location. The service manuals pdf are on this forum if you have not got them. Getting some of the ac flushing goodies might good insurance against the goo thats in the system. After a thurough flush, and install dont skip basics, pag orings, a little oil on aluminum fittings or silver antisieze prevent galling. You know all the vaccum down leak check? Or get a shop to do it, if ya allready got all that. Sorry for repeating. Good luck. Oh yeah, hunt wild pigs, kill them ******'s.

Griffin Meeks

Reaction score
I did a total rebuild of AC system on my 88 K1500. Instead of the OEM type condensor coil, I installed one from Vintage Air that is designed for the newer gas. Belching out cold air at about 30deg, according to the thermometer in the center vents. It was never that cold even when new.
Do you remember what the part number was/what vehicle you searched under? I'm poking around on the website, but I can't find anything for vehicles newer that '87.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For anyone wondering… the Murray from oreilly / spectra @ autozone , both 115.99, do not come with the orifice or o rings. Orifice was 2.99, o rings 6.99 for a bag of them. But still.., if i trusted amazon more i coulda saved about 40 bucks, and theres come with at least teh orifice

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But i will try to install this evening. Unfortunately i wont be able to flush everything before the condenser out, so just gona go with it. Later down the road I might get it flushed & new orifice/ o ring again